Lisa is an Award-winning University General Counsel, currently based at Kentucky State University in the USA. In the past, Lisa worked as a legal specialist in the United States Army and as a legal non-commissioned officer, as well as a Senior Litigation Paralegal and Associate at Woodward, Hobson & Fulton LLP. Lisa also spent 9 years serving as Assistant Attorney General, Assistant General Counsel and General Counsel for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. An impressive career history you could say!
In addition to this, Lisa has recently co-authored a book and is a passionate community builder, running her own blog, ‘Why This Not That’, focusing on strengthening purpose, fueling passion and finding creative, collaborative, diverse and more innovative ways to be effective as a lawyer in the business environment.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- The responsibilities of a legal specialist in the United States Army
- Important skills of a Senior Litigation Paralegal
- Responsibilities, roles and differences of being an Assistant Attorney General, Assistant General Counsel and General Counsel for the Commonwealth
- The importance of having the perspective and expertise of other people before making a decision
- What is the Community of Seven and how to be part of this exclusive community
- The aim of a book she co-authored: #Networked: How 20 Women Lawyers Overcame the Confines of COVID-19 Social Distancing to Create Connections, Cultivate Community & Build Business in the Midst of a Global Pandemic
- Her inspiration behind the blog ‘Why This Not That’