This week on the Legally Speaking Podcast, our host Robert Hanna welcomes Amelia Platton, future Trainee Solicitor, neurodiversity advocate and Winner of Legal Cheek’s Best Use of Social Media Award 2022!
Amelia is a first-class law graduate from the University of Leeds and a Future Trainee Solicitor at Clifford Chance.
Alongside this, Amelia is the Founder of The Neurodiverse Lawyer Project: a podcast, Instagram page and website created specifically to raise awareness of neurodiversity in the legal profession and industry.
Amelia has worked hard on her campaign on social media to be recognised as a role model within this particular online space and she was recognised by The Times in their recent article “Meet the lawfluencers courting popularity” and by winning Legal Cheek’s Best Use of Social Media Award 2022.
Amelia’s Instagram page, @neurodiverselawyer, has a budding and ever-growing audience, already sitting at a comfortable and whopping 20.3k followers!
In this episode, Amelia and our host, Rob discuss:
- What neurodiversity is in the legal profession
- The motivation and community behind The Neurodiverse Lawyer Project
- Exploring mental health in the workplace, university and employment processes
- How to promote inclusivity in acknowledging neurodiversity in law
- The role of social media and content creation is changing and shaping the legal profession