After originally training as a barrister, Jodie set up the employment law firm at just 29. She has put diversity and inclusion at the heart of its philosophy and agenda.
She’s determined to push workplace wellbeing up the national agenda. As part of this, she’s appeared on the likes of the BBC, Sky News, The Times and The Yorkshire Post. Jodie regularly appears in the national broadcast media to discuss employment law issues and mental health at work.
Thanks to her campaigning and progressive employment practices, she’s been nominated as Woman Lawyer of the Year and Legal Personality of the Year at the 2018 Law Society Excellence Awards. Recently, Thrive won the 2020 Diversity and Inclusion Award at the Yorkshire Legal Awards, for the second year running.
In this episode Jodie discusses:
- How her own wellbeing challenges inspired her to set up Thrive Law as a forward-thinking challenger law firm
- Why diversity and inclusion is so central to the employment law firm’s mission
- How all firms can improve their diversity and inclusion policies
- Her plans for Thrive in 2021
- The importance of work-life balance for all