Described by her peers as professional, brilliant, and dedicated for her unwavering work ethic and responsive approach to complex matters. Join us as we explore the career of this remarkable lawyer, and discover how she always delivers what she promises.
This week we’re super excited to chat with Akima Paul Lambert, a UK solicitor advocate and US litigation attorney with close to 15 years of top-tier legal experience. Despite the trend of lawyers specializing in a specific field, Akima is proud to be a generalist and has worked across almost every industry and sector. She firmly believes that being a generalist keeps her nimble and flexible, allowing her to successfully cross-pollinate ideas.
Akima is a loud advocate for equity and inclusion, emphasising racial diversity. She is the co-founder of Creating Pathways, a mentoring programme for black and minority lawyers, currently in its seventh year. She is also passionate about pro bono work, believing that it is one of the ways to achieve distributive justice. Tune in to learn more about Akima’s journey and her inspiring work.
𝐒𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧?
You can catch Rob and Akima Paul Lambert talking about:
- What led her to choose commercial litigation and arbitration?
- Akima shared the Pro Bono work she did including her involvement in assisting Windrush Claimants.
- Akima’s women role models and how they influenced her career and personal development.
- What is Creating Pathways and what inspired her to co-found it?
- Her stance on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Akima’s advice to aspiring junior lawyers who want a career in litigation and arbitration and aim to reach the top despite facing challenges.