You might be wondering, what exactly does a construction disputes partner do? Well, picture this: when conflicts arise in the world of construction, someone swoops in like a legal superhero, armed with a toolbox of litigation, arbitration, mediation, and adjudication skills. They’re the go-to person for resolving disputes and bringing harmony to construction projects gone awry.
This week we’re super excited to be chatting with Sally Davies, a Management Committee Member and construction disputes partner at Mayer Brown International LLP, Sally brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table.
But here’s the real gem: Sally’s not just a legal powerhouse. She’s also an advocate for building personal connections and fostering friendships within the workplace. As an office managing partner, Sally recognizes the importance of creating a warm and friendly environment, where human-to-human contact, collaboration, and genuine camaraderie take centre stage.
This interview is your golden ticket to understanding the inner workings of the construction law world. Join us as we peel back the layers of Sally’s remarkable journey, discover the intricacies of dispute resolution, and explore the indispensable value of building genuine connections in the legal profession.
𝐒𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧?
You can catch Rob and Sally Davies talking about:
- The importance of human-to-human connection and the need for collaboration.
- How to build a personal relationship with your clients?
- One of her most famous cases precedes the House of Lords.
- What is the Global Management Committee and how did it come about?
- The importance of having a mentor.
- Sally’s advice for those who want to be successful in law.