“When the passion starts to waver, and the novelty wears away, it feels tough, but it’s worth it. Keep going.”
This week we’re super excited to be chatting with Shabina Begum, a trailblazing legal professional making waves in the realm of child marriage, gender-based violence, and women’s rights.
From her early experiences in Bangladesh to representing the UK at international workshops on early marriage, Shabina shares the eye-opening discoveries that led her to become a recognized expert on these critical issues.
Shabina’s passion for social justice and women’s rights is palpable, earning her recognition as a legal hero by the Law Society of England and Wales.
Her advice for aspiring lawyers passionate about addressing issues like child marriage and gender-based violence serves as a powerful call to action.
𝐒𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧?
You can catch Rob and Shabina Begum talking about:
- Revealing shocking revelations about her home country, the UK.
- Her participation in the 16th session of the Commission on the Status of Women at the UN in New York.
- Acid violence in Sri Lanka, Cambodia, and India.
- Legal hero by the Law Society of England and Wales.
- Her advice about the issues like child marriage and gender-based violence.