Jake is the Founder of the Commercial Law Academy, which is a comprehensive e-learning platform for lawyers. He’s also the Founder and CEO of the City Career Series, a publishing firm for titles aimed at ambitious young people seeking a variety of careers in the City.
Before these ventures, Jake was a lawyer at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, a magic circle firm. In between his publishing and e-learning firm, he also manages Fresh Perspective Communications, and is Head of Marketing & Business Development for WorldLabs.
Luckily, he found the time in his busy schedule to share his story and legal career tips with Robert Hanna!
Topics discussed include:
- What he learnt from working in a top Magic Circle law firm
- Why he left the City to set up the Commercial Law Academy
- His advice on making the most of LinkedIn for your legal career
- An overview of some core competencies needed to succeed in the competitive and evolving sector
- His guide to acing those challenging law firm interviews