Aside from Emma’s busy work life as a Family Law Partner, she is a strong advocate for reform within the family justice system. Emma is a strong believer in making family law easier to understand and more accessible to everyone.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- A typical workday in the life of a family law partner at Fletcher Day
- The purpose and importance of the ‘Family Law Language Project’
- How social media platforms can be used to help re-educate the public and professionals on appropriate language
- The role of media in portraying family law cases
- The reforms that will be beneficial for the family justice system
- How the Divorce Dissolution Separation Act will affect the way family lawyers practice