Delaying life in the hope that you’ll have a good retirement was not the best sort of route forward so James made an extremely drastic choice to move to another continent with his 18-month-old and wife without jobs.
This week we’re super excited to be chatting with James Croyston, Director of Founders Law and was previously their senior counsel. He completed his BA in Psychology at the University of Manchester before his LLB and LPC at the City University of London.
James’ career has spanned a wide range of industries, including regulated and non-regulated, working with enterprise, government and startup clients, in private practice, in-house, consultancy, and as General Counsel, Founder, and CEO.
𝐒𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧?
You can catch Rob and James talking about:
- Differences between working in Private Practice versus In-house
- What was it like to start a private practice in the Philippines?
- What’s the difference between hiring a dedicated In-house Counsel and hiring a city law firm?
- The benefits of being a part of the Founders Forum Group.
- His experience with the Oxford Fintech program.
- Advise that he gave to those who want to start out a career in the law.